In the world of Twitter I came across an interesting thread, discussing morning affairs that every human being has to go through:
I thought it would be a good idea to pitch in with my limited yoga knowledge because yoga has helped me in that morning affair as well:
To that, this person @abhijitkadle says he wants to see scientific basis or else it is bullshit:
I have experienced a lot of health benefits due to practicing yoga over the years compared to when I was not. Alright, so I started replying to this thread with various links and articles which had the appropriate references to some studies and papers by prestigious institutes. Let me share the links I have shared with Mr. Prometheus lapetus on the thread one by one and the referring research papers each of the link(s) had.
The following links are in the order I shared with him and the links underneath the main list item are the papers / scientific articles:
- Why Indian toilet is best – Scientific Reason – Guruprasad’s Portal
- An article by Dr. Mercola
- While I have no idea about what / who is this Doc but based on simple Google search appears to be involved in a couple of controversies regarding alternative method of treatment & such. But their article itself has cited some references such as Israel Journal of Medical Sciences.
- An article by Dr. Mercola
Though the original topic was about morning affairs I hijacked the thread by introducing yoga in it and the topic went elsewhere, now that’s a mistake I accept. Then I started with sending the person links about Yoga:
- 13 Benefits of Yoga That Are Supported by Science – Health Line – I am sharing 6 links from the the article, else there will be too many links! If you are interested please visit the article and read further.
- A randomised comparative trial of yoga and relaxation to reduce stress and anxiety – A study by Centre for Allied Health Evidence, School of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- Rapid stress reduction and anxiolysis among distressed women as a consequence of a three-month intensive yoga program – A study by Department of Integrative and Internal Medicine V, Kliniken Essen-Mitte, Chair of Complementary Medicine at the University Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Yoga as an adjunctive treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder: a randomized controlled trial – A study by Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute, 1269 Beacon St, Brookline, MA 02446
- Effects of yoga on depression and anxiety of women – A study by Psychiatry Department of Islamic Azad University, Mashhad Branch-22 Bahman Hospital, Mashhad, Iran
- Yoga reduces inflammatory signaling in fatigued breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial – A study by many departments of UCLA, CA, United States
- Effect of yoga on cardiovascular system in subjects above 40 years – A study by Department of Physiology, Govt. Medical College, Nagpur
Further, as someone who pays for the Yoga sessions at an institute – a prestigious one by the way, it is the RIMYI which was set up by legendary BKS Iyengar who himself has received many awards from all over the world for his knowledge and contribution to the domain of Yoga, I told Mr. Prometheus lapetus – why will I continue paying fees for something does not work? That sounds logical, right?
Followed by a quick list of problems that Yoga solved for me:
To that, Mr. Prometheus lapetus replies my problems being solved is not science. Okay, it’s black magic which works.
You may be wondering why I am writing all this on my blog? Well, as such there is no point of this article, thanks for reading by. I wrote it as a self realization & as a reminder for my future self that not to hijack threads on social media and stay away from people who are not ready to read material available online and discuss. Instead, they block me! You can block me, but not my views, Mr. Prometheus lapetus! If you want to prove your point, debate/discuss it.
This is not the first time I got blocked on social media, the ordeal of getting blocked & unblocked has been going with me from the days before social media when we had online forums. So I have no regret for getting blocked by Mr. Prometheus lapteus, but there was no reason to block me, I am not a spammer or some bot. If he didn’t wish to discuss he could have asked me to stop and the discussion would have been shelved.