So after setting up Asterisk with a working DAHDI configuration for the PBX project, next was configuration for IP phones using PJSIP and provisioning them.
Asterisk has a built-in module called res_phoneprov which handles HTTP based phone provisioning but that didn’t work for me – I just couldn’t have it generate XML configuration for the phones that we had, i.e. Grandstream GXP1625.
The server on which I had configured PBX was multi-homed, as in it was part of multiple networks. But there was no reason to run the service on all interfaces except the VLAN on which we were going to connect the phones.
Continue reading “Asterisk PJSIP wizard and phone provisioning”
So I got an opportunity to set up Asterisk PBX with a Reliance Communications E1 line. I have worked with Asterisk PBX, but without PSTN interfacing. This post is about what all stuff I have done to get a Reliance E1 line with Digium TE131F card.
Having explored a lot of other distributions like Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, Sabayon, etc. since I ventured into Linux world and learning the internals of Linux and how different components are stitched together I settled on Ubuntu. It’s my favorite these days because everything seems to work out of the box… except when it doesn’t, then you have PPAs. 😛 For this project I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 server edition.
Continue reading “Asterisk PBX with Reliance PRI Line using Digium TE131F”